Friday, February 21, 2014

Hadley's Flower Garden

I started this quilt about the same time as Hunter's squares using a lot of the same materials, and right after I got my sewing machine. It is a pattern my aunt Celeste had and was making, I don't remember the name. It took a long time to make.
Each flower block is 4 layers of flower petals topstitched onto each other. Since I had just gotten my sewing machine which has a ton of cool stitches I experimented with the stitches around each petal. It was lots of fun. I even was able to put Hadley's name on it!
 This was also the first quilt I quilted with  my machine. I am pretty impressed with myself! I think it turned out really well.
 The layout is from a crazy quilt block book my sister had. I really like things to be straight and equal, so this quilt was a challenge for me. I love how it turned out.  

No comments: