Holden's teacher who has taught him in both fifth and sixth grade was retiring. So I decided to make her a thank you signature quilt. I had Holden ask her what her favorite color was and he came back with Blue Green or blue or green. That did not help me at all, this is what I came up with.
Here is Mrs. Davis' 5th and 6th grade signature quilt.
I really like the back. I had a hard time giving this quilt away, I love the colors and the pattern. But I don't know all the kids on the quilt so I really needed to give it to her.
I was able to get all of her students this year to sign the quilt and most of the faculty at the school. I learned while doing this that she is a quilter! When we presented it to her, she was so happy and even cried a little.
Oliver was in Ms Fidge and Ms Leenie's 4 year old Preschool class this year. They are amazing teachers and go way above and beyond in their classroom. Everyone loves them! As a thank you for such a wonderful preschool experience I made them each a quilt. I am sad that this is the last year for us to have them as teachers. We got each child's hand print and had them write their name on the block.
Miss Leenie's 2017 Preschool class quilt
This is a four patch and bars pattern. It took me a long time to decide on the perfect material. I think this turned out great!
I love their cute little hand prints and handwriting.
| Mrs. Leenie with her quilt |
Miss Fidge's 2017 Preschool Quilt
For their quilts I got the ABC fabric that is on the back of miss Fidge's quilt first. Then I went through my stash and found fabrics to match. It is a scrappy quilt, which I have a hard time with, I almost started over a couple times but kept with it and it turned out so good. (as long as I don't look too closely) I ended up not having enough of the ABC fabric to do both quilts so Ms Leenie's doesn't have it at all.
This is a rail fence and nine patch pattern. One of my favorite patterns. I can't do completely random so the green is the color that is consistent.
| Mrs. Fidge with her quilt |
No comments:
Post a Comment