This is Harrison's I-Spy quilt. I gave it to him Christmas 2007.
Once I got all the blocks I had to make the sashing so it was big enough for a twin size quilt. Once again starting from scratch and inventing a pattern. I used a four patch in the corners with two bars around each block.
The fabric I used for my blocks was Bees because Noah's sister's name is Brooke, but they call her "Aunt Bee" and I wanted to make her son a quilt. She is also a school teacher and I found a really cute fabric with bees and apples! So really this quilt is more for her then for her son Harrison.
The things I learned making this quilt are, that not everyone sews as well as I do. A twin size mattress is twice as long as it is wide. And once again I am not very good at random!
Like I said my mom has made a few of these quilts, so here is one she made for her nephew Eli. and I will have to take a picture of the one she made for Holden.

No comments:
Post a Comment